Monday, July 6, 2009

Ernie

Sarah is just getting over a phase during which her Ernie doll had to come everywhere with her. Now it's okay if he stays home once in a while, and he did while Sarah went to the cottage. She was reunited with him tonight and gave him a big hug. She then proceeded to put him to bed in a basket and covered him with two pillow cases. Then she kissed him goodnight. It was so stinkin' sweet! When it was time for me to sing "Ik ga slapen" she wanted to sing it to Ernie first. So she got down and started to sing. Then she looked up at me and said "Ernie doesn't want to go to sleep. He wants to go downstairs with Mom." While I'm pretty gullible most of the time I did see through this one! I told her I'd take Ernie downstairs with me after. He's currently sleeping peacefully in the basket on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment