Thursday, June 18, 2009

The other day the kids and I went to my mom and dad's. Sarah was so excited you'd think she never sees them. She hauled out her suitcase and packed it. She found John's suitcase and packed it. She got herself dressed. She was READY! I broke the news that we weren't staying overnight but she didn't care. I thought I'd check to see what she'd put in the suitcases, just for giggles. For herself she packed: 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of underwear, 4 diapers, her water shoes, a jacket and a teddy bear. John got: 3 pairs of long pants, a pair of shorts, 1 long sleeved shirt and a pair of socks. We also had to bring her bicycle helmet, Ernie and a blanket. She is too funny, and forget even trying to talk her out of anything. It was easier just to take the stuff even if it stayed in the car!
Today she wanted me to bring up her "weasel" from the basement so she could play with the alphabet letters and draw with chalk. It's so rainy today that I said "okay". Of course now I have to draw bicycles with chalk. Did I mention it's only 7:22 am?
John is still peacefully snoring (lucky stinker!) while Sarah and I have been up for more than an hour. James is also in bed 'cuz of working all night. I'd loooove another hour or so but alas, mothering duty calls. Or blogging duty, in this case!
I think I need more coffee......

1 comment: